A small church was built here in the 12th century, of which some fundaments have been found. To this church, at the beginning of the 13th century, a tower was added, which was spared when the oldest church was pulled down and a new one was built in the mid-thirteenth century. When the building was finished the vaults of the nave were decorated with ornamental paintings, and at the same time the choir windows were adorned with stained glass panes. The baptismal font of the "Hegwald group" is well preserved, but its figures are difficult to interpret. In the altar piece from 1735 a procession crucifix from the 14th century is enclosed.
Photo Hans Hemlin
Text Dr. Bengt G Söderberg
©1997 Created by Sören_Gannholm