Since the rebuilding of the chancel and the nave in 1838 the church is
no longer a fully valid medieval building; only the 13th century tower stayed
untouched by the renovation. The chancel portal from about 1300 was moved
to the nave. There are fragments of paintings by the Passion master school.
Only one of 25 original stained glass window panes has been preserved in
the chancel window; some are known to exist in museums and other collections.
Photo Hans Hemlin
Text Dr. Bengt G Söderberg
©1997 Created by Sören_Gannholm